Are you under the false perception that being gluten free means you must spend a lot of money on pricey gluten replacement ingredients like arrowroot flour or gluten free pastas and bread mixes? Â This is not the case. As Denise Jardine, author of “The Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free KitchenÂ says, “It’s not about what you can’t have. Â It’s about all the wonderful foods you can have!” Â You can make your own quick and easy gluten free meals at home and not spend a fortune if you use the right ingredients.
Chickpeas will be your new best friend as a gluten intolerant eater. They are rich, meaty and filling and they make a fine flour or bean supplement in your food. Falafel is one of the best examples of chickpeas done right.
1 T oil Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1 medium onion, chopped Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 5 cloves garlic, minced
1 28 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (or whatever you happen to have on hand)
1/4 cup wheat free tamari sauce
1/3 tsp cumin Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1/3 tsp turmeric Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1/3 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. SautÃˆ onion in oil for about 6 minutes, or until they soften and start to become translucent.
3. Add garlic and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients (except for the extra juice from the beans) in a bowl. Mix just enough so that beans are coated with other ingredients and then blend with either an immersion blender or standard blender. In a standard blender, it may be easier to divide the mixture in half. Also, if the mixture is too dry, you can add some of the reserved juice from the beans (or some water) to get the right consistency.
5. Combine onions and bean mixture, and then place by rounded tablespoons onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping half way through.
Tofu Pasta Salad
1 package gluten free elbow macaroni, or other small pasta like Schar Gluten-Free Anelini, cooked following instructions on package.
1/2 lb firm tofu
1/2Â cup celery, finely chopped
1/2Â cup carrots, finely chopped or shredded
1/2Â cup chopped red onion
1/2Â cup green olives, chopped
1/2Â cup gluten free mayonnaise
1/4 cup gluten free Dijon mustard
1/2Â T dill
1/2Â cup crumbled feta (garnish)
1. Mash up tofu in a small bowl and mix in the chopped veggies and olives.
2. Add the tofu mixture to the pasta and stir until combined.
3. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, and dill and mix until all of the pasta and veggies are coated. You can add more if you like a lot of dressing or less if you want your salad dryer.
4. Sprinkle some feta on top and enjoy.
1 16 oz container of the salsa of your choice
1 medium onion, chopped
2 T oil
medium green pepper, chopped
medium red pepper, chopped
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 T Italian seasoning
1/2 cup green olives, chopped
1. SautÃ© onion and Italian seasoning in oil for about 5 minutes.
2. Add peppers and mushrooms and cook for 7 more minutes.
3. Add salsa and olives.
4. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add beans and cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Serve over rice or pasta.
Harmony Farms brings you the very best Wheat and Gluten-Free Products made as well as a cozy library area full of books about ‘Everything Nutritional from A-Z”.Â At Harmony Farms, we create an environment friendly to all Celiac Disease Experiences & will help in any way that we can.Â Celiac Disease Foundation & Support GroupsÂ are, not only critical, but fun ways to share recipes & maintain a solid network for successful Gluten-Free living.Â Print your own, free Harmony Farms Gluten-Free List Â to keep abreast of the Gluten-Free Products that we offer.Â Contact us at Harmony-Farms.net; 919-782-0064 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, consultations or food products!
Â We appreciate our customers feedback on their discoveries as well.
Enter your contact information below to be added to our mailing list!